2.27.2011

Ancestry

This painting has a definite meaning and all the numbers are there for a reason. I don't have a good name in mind yet that describes what I was thinking without giving too much away. I want it to be somewhat of a puzzle. It may look unfinished but I got to the point in this painting where I think adding anything more will just dillute the ideas even more. It's really a simple concept that probably doesn't need any more to be 'finished'. I want the abstract portfolio I'm creating to have pieces that are outside the bounds, and this is one of them. 


Answer:   My first child was born in 1994.  She has two parents.  I was born in 1966, which is 4 grandparents for my daughter.  Going from the bottom up, every 27 years back on average might be a doubling of my ancestor parents.  At the top it shows that, by around the year 1670, my children may have about 8,192 ancestor parents.



Oil, on 16 x16 x 1.25 canvas

Not for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all feedback!